Monday, May 5, 2008

100%

So, in the end we went to a museum in Springfield, Mass. and from there to Six Flags New England. It was amazing how many Jews were there and even a whole bunch from New York. We were lucky to find minyanim wherever we went! It was a concern since my husband is in his year of aveilut for his dear mother (mshbrfabl). We also went Kayaking/canoing on a different day. Shopping and a movie "Horton Hears A Who" brought out the kid in all of us, and the science museum (great) in Boston on yet another day. Somewhere in there I cooked for the last days of Yom Tov and it actually came out really good.

It seems like Pesach is months away already now that real life has kicked in. I even had to go to a meeting today about summer camp - oy - can it really be that close? I guess that if my omer count serves me correctly then Pesach was only about a week ago since tonight is fifteen - hard to believe.

btw...Did you hear the joke about the baalat t'shuvah who had just learned about counting the omer? Her husband asked her what was for dinner and she answered "last night we had spaghetti!"

No comments: