Saturday, September 15, 2007

Haiku

I was introduced to Haiku on Rabbi Neil Fleischmann's blog and I was fascinated by the fact that he pointed out that Shma is a Haiku!
My Rabbi suggested that instead of talking during the aliyot that the congregants should read something in English or in the T'fillot. I did a Haiku search. This is what I found.

V'zot Hatorah
Asher Sam Moshe Lifnei
B'nei Yisrael
This is the Torah
Which Moshe Put In Front Of
B'nei Yisrael

Lcha Adoshem
Hagdulah Vhagvurah
V'hatiferet
It Is Yours Ha-Shem
All The Greatness and the Strength
And All The Glory

Hamelech Yoshev
Al Kiseh Ram Vnisah
Shochen Ad Marom
Our King is Sitting
On a High and Lofty Throne
Lives There Forever

Yehalelu Et
Shem Adoshem Ki Nisgav
Shmo Levado
Let Them All Praise The
Name Because It Will Be Raised
His Name Stands Alone

No comments: