Sunday, September 16, 2007

They Changed My Seat!

In a recent post called Kaveret I wrote about my Yom Tov seat vs. my regular Shabbat seat. I articulated some of my feelings about the whole seating situation. So when I got to shul this Rosh Hashanah I was quite surprised that my seat had been changed to two rows more forward. At first, I was a bit concerned. How would I feel in my new Makom that was neither my Shabbat or Yom Tov seat? But B.H. there was really nothing to worry about because no one was assigned to my regular Yom Tov seat - and that is where I sat.

This reminded me of a Yekkishe joke. I hope that no one will take offense as I myself am a Yekk. There was a Yekkishe fellow who flew to Israel through his travel agent. Upon his arrival, he called his agent and was irate. "How could you not have given me a window seat? I was so uncomfortale the whole flight!"

After he calmed down, the agent apologized and asked him "If you were so upset, why didn't you just ask the guy next to you to switch?" To this he replied, "That is the whole point! Don't you get it? There was no one sitting there!"

Wishing everyone a "tzom kal" and a great day.

btw...one more joke while I'm on a role...my father always told me this Tzom Gedaliah joke.

He said "why should we fast?

1. Would he fast for me if I ch'v died?

2. By now he would be dead anyhow... :)

No comments: